This scene was photographed in the former La Poel campground on the south shore of Lake
Crescent. During the winter of 1934 - 1935 Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) crews from the
Snider CCC Camp constructed this log octagonal shaped cooking shelter, on the east side of
the La Poel Campground. The cooking shelter no longer exists, and the area is now the La Poel
picnic and day use area.